Kickstart your career on one of WA’s most exciting rail projects
Rail Systems Australia is an independent Australian rail engineering practice delivering innovative, safe and reliable solutions through the integration of communications, signalling, automatic train control and asset management.
Backed by a proud record of delivery, we are committed to the adoption of technology and innovation to play a role in the progression of the Australian rail industry.
Being involved in some of Australia’s largest rail projects, we are going through an exciting period of growth, and as such we are looking to bolster our team graduate engineer. The role will be working on one of Western Australia’s most exciting rail projects.
The Role of the Graduate Engineer
Ideally, you’re a graduate who has studied Systems Engineering and has been applying the Engineering V-Model. The role’s tasks consists of the following activities:
- Apply academic learning to the work carried out on behalf of the Practice
- Identify risks associated with system engineering processes relating to the project and develop appropriate mitigation measures to minimise these risks
- Undertake systems engineering activities to support requirements management, configuration change management and interface and integration management across rail systems project lifecycles
- Develops systems requirement specifications, compliance traceability matrices, verification and validation reports, interface matrices, interface requirement specification and definition sheets and integration reports
- Comply with RSA procedures and policies
An understanding of the importance of the above activities in multidisciplinary rail projects, and some experience in applying these principles in either your studies or work experience will be most valuable.
- Have completed, or be close to completing, a degree in Systems Engineering (or Electrical, Electronic or Telecommunications Engineering)
- Possess well developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid skills in Microsoft Excel a must
- Present well developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Be capable of working as an effective team member and take direction where required
- Energetic, motivated, keen to learn and hit the ground running
What’s on offer
- Kick-start your rail career with a company experiencing rapid growth and fosters career development
- Training and mentorship from a highly experienced team of rail professionals and get on the job training on integrated railway systems
- Opportunity to work and learn from our involvement in leading rail projects
- A great company culture and a supported team environment
Like to join our team?
Candidates who meet the above criteria should apply by providing their resume and a covering letter outlining why you would like to work with us, by emailing us at: HR@railsystemsaustralia.com.au