Join our Team!
Rail Systems Australia is an independent Australian rail engineering practice delivering innovative, safe and reliable solutions through the integration of communications, signalling, automatic train control and asset management.
Backed by a proud record of delivery, we are committed to the adoption of technology and innovation to play a role in the progression of the Australian rail industry.
Being involved in some of Australia’s largest rail projects, we are going through an exciting period of growth, and as such we are looking to bolster our Signalling Design team with the following roles:
Senior Signalling Design Engineer
Signalling Design Engineer
Key Position Criteria
We invite applications from candidates who have proven experience in signalling design across both conventional and modern (eg ETCS, CBTC) railway signalling and train control systems.
To be considered for the Signalling Design roles you need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in railway signalling design in a metropolitan passenger rail OR heavy haul rail environment
- Demonstrated experience and sound understanding of signalling design
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team
- Demonstrated highly developed oral communication and consulting skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Possess a strong client service attitude
- Current formal rail design competency certificates, or ability to attain formal approvals for Australian rail operators (ARTC, MTM, CRN, QR, or more generally recognised IRSE, with complete log books to demonstrate competency
The following credentials would be viewed favourably:
- Knowledge and experience in ATP, ETCS, CBTC rail environments; and
- A recognised relevant tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering or similar; or
- Membership of a relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership.
Positions can be located in Brisbane, Perth or Sydney.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the position criteria are encouraged to apply by emailing your Resume and a Covering letter to Kristen Bertolini at firstname.lastname@example.org
Overseas candidates: We are inviting applications from candidates from the UK and Europe, under the Temporary Skills Shortage Visa, who can demonstrate experience and skills in the Rail industry. For more information email Kristen Bertolini.